Patient Bill of Rights
Patients have the right to:
- Be treated as a unique individual, with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
- Receive quality medications and services that meet or exceed professional and industry standards regardless of race, religion, political belief, sex, social or economic status, age, or disease process.
- Be fully informed and receive written information on the scope of care and services provided by Park Pharmacy, as well as any limitations of the company’s care or service capabilities.
- Receive information in a manner, format, and/or language that is easily understood.
- Choose a different healthcare provider.
- Obtain, upon request, evidence-based practice information for clinical decisions (manufacturer package inserts, published practice guidelines, peer-reviewed journals, etc.) including the level of evidence or consensus for the intervention.
- Receive verbal explanations for medication substitutions from a pharmacy staff member.
- Receive verbal and/or written explanations for Medicare or other insurance provider payments, and for the portion of charges that will be the patient’s responsibility to pay.
- Receive verbal and/or written explanations if pharmacy is out of network and proactively transfer prescription to preferred plan mandated pharmacy to obtain most cost affordable solution to patient.
- Receive full explanation of all forms presented for signature agreement prior to services being provided.
- Be offered assistance of any eligible program for patient management services, including manufacturer co-pay, patient assistance programs, or foundation support.
- Receive instruction and education from qualified personnel on how to appropriately take and safely handle medications.
- Coordination and continuity of services through Park Pharmacy.
- Be advised of any change in the plan of service before the change is made.
- Be able to identify company representatives through name (name badge) and job title, and to speak with a pharmacist, if requested.
- Be ensured of the confidentiality and privacy for all information contained within medical records and Protected Health Information (except as otherwise provided for by law or third-party payer contracts).
- Express concern, complaint, or dissatisfaction of services provided (or failed to be provided).
- Express concern, complaint, or dissatisfaction for lack of respect, treatment, or service.
- Suggest changes in policy, staff, or services without discrimination, restraint, reprisal, coercion, or unreasonable interruption of services. Patients or caregivers may call (877) 986-2046 to speak with a pharmacy manager.
- Be informed of any financial relationships held by the pharmacy.
- Be advised of normal business hours Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
- Be provided the phone number (877) 986-2046 for normal business hours and after-hours care.
- Decline participation, revoke consent, or withdraw from any Park Pharmacy services at any time.
Patients have the Responsibility to:
- Adhere to the plan of treatment or service established by your physician.
- Complete and submit forms for program participation to the extent required by law.
- Provide, to the best of knowledge, accurate and complete medical and personal information necessary to plan and provide care/services.
- Ask questions about your care, treatment and/or services.
- Ask questions to clarify information or instructions not clearly understood.
- Use medications according to instructions provided, for the purpose prescribed, and only by the individual to whom it was prescribed.
- Communicate any inability to follow provided instructions.
- Remain available to receive medication deliveries. Coordinate with Park Pharmacy alternative plans in times of unavailability.
- Treat pharmacy personnel with respect and dignity without discrimination as to color, religion, sex, nationality, or ethnic origin.
- Promptly settle unpaid balances, except where contrary to federal or state law.
- Notify pharmacy of change in prescription or insurance coverage.
- Notify pharmacy immediately of address or telephone changes, temporary or permanent.
Customer Information: After hours Contact Information
- For after-hour emergencies, such as running out of medication or questions on missed doses or potential side effects, please call Park Pharmacy’s normal business number (877) 986-2046 to be directed to a live operator. A pharmacist will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- For after-hour refill requests, or to leave a message for our pharmacy staff, please follow the designated prompts at the normal business number (877) 986-2046.
Customer Information: Complaint Procedure
- You have the right and responsibility to express concerns, complaints or dissatisfaction for services received, or fail to receive, without fear of reprisal, discrimination, or unreasonable interruption of services. Please call the corporate office at (877) 836-6662 to speak to the Corporate Compliance Officer. The Corporate Compliance Officer or appointed representative is always available, including outside normal business hours, weekends and holidays.
- Park Pharmacy has a formal grievance procedure of ensure complaint/grievance are reviewed and an investigation initiated within 5 business days of receipt. Every attempt will be made to resolve grievances within 14 business days. Resolution information for the complaint/grievance will be provided verbally or in writing. Extension of time required to obtain resolution will also be communicated verbally and/or in writing.
- To discuss concerns or complaints with a party other than Park Pharmacy staff, please contact the state Department of Health Complaints division at (800) 852-2187 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CST).
- To submit complaint to ACHC, contact the ACHC complaints department toll-free at (855) 937-2242 or 919-785-1214. ACHC requests the completion of a Complaint Intake Form to provide details of the complaint. Complaints may be communicated via mail, telephone, e-mail, facsimile, in person, or through ACHC website at achc.org.
Contact Tennessee Oncology at (877) 836-6662 for any questions regarding Park Pharmacy ownership.
Printed copies of information regarding Park Pharmacy are available upon request.