Fighting cancer can take a toll on your body’s ability to move as easily as before. Several patients with cancer experience painful, function-limiting physical effects brought on by chemotherapy, radiation, and/or surgery. Cancer rehabilitation can help you prepare for treatment and maintain strength throughout your journey so you can get back to the things you care about most.
Cancer rehabilitation services may include:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
Cancer rehabilitation therapists receive extensive training in oncology rehabilitation and understand the unique challenges people face while undergoing cancer treatment. They can help you regain strength and function to achieve your goals.
Working with a specialized cancer rehabilitation therapist can help you:
- Decrease pain and fatigue
- Improve balance and mobility
- Build strength and endurance
- Enhance memory and concentration
- Improve bowel, bladder, and sexual function
- Reduce numbness and tingling
- Manage persistent swelling and other side effects
- Continue to engage in important daily activities and roles
How to Get Started:
Talk with your care team about finding a cancer rehabilitation specialist near you. They can provide the necessary referrals to excellent providers throughout Tennessee and surrounding areas.