August 1, 2020: Tennessee Oncology’s COVID-19 Precaution Requirements
Posted on August 1, 2020
For the protection of our patients and employees, face masks, screening, and visitor restrictions remain in place at all Tennessee Oncology clinic and imaging locations.
Please note: At some locations, to assure appropriate social distancing, patients may also be asked to wait in their vehicles until they can be seen.
Face Masks are required to enter:
- A face mask that completely covers the entire nose and mouth must be worn by any patient or visitor entering a Tennessee Oncology location. Please bring one with you.
- Masks with exhalation valves are not permitted.
- For patients receiving long treatments or having to drink contrast for scans, please be conscientious of others around you. Masks should remain in place while in the clinic. Use straws when drinking liquids and keep snacks small so masks don’t have to be fully removed. If you need a break from wearing your mask, please talk to your nurse who will make appropriate arrangements to assure the safety of everyone.
- Patients may bring one adult visitor with them into the exam room during the provider visit. Visitors must be age 16 or older.
- Due to the ongoing shortage of medical grade personal protective equipment, visitors who arrive without a face mask may be asked to return to their vehicle
- Visitors are asked to not enter lab or treatment areas and should plan to return to their vehicles while patients receive treatments and or complete imaging scans.
- Call us before your appointment if in the last 14 days, you have been tested for Coronavirus, been directly exposed to someone with a confirmed case, or to someone being tested for Coronavirus.
- Call us before your appointment, if in the last 14 days you have a new onset of fever(s), cough/shortness of breath, muscle pain, headache or loss of taste and smell
- All employees, patients and visitors, upon entering Tennessee Oncology clinic locations must answer COVID-19 risk screening questions and have their temperature checked. Each will receive a “I was screened” sticker once complete.
Telemedicine visits are available:
- We encourage you to ask if a telemedicine visit is appropriate for you.
- You will be asked to confirm your telemedicine appointment just as you would an in-person visit.
Thank you for helping us keep our communities safe and taking steps to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus.