Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started with new prescription from Park Pharmacy?
- Your physician will send your prescription to the pharmacy electronically or by fax.
- You may bring your written paper prescription to our pharmacy.
- Certain controlled substance or narcotic medications cannot be sent electronically or by fax. Your physician may send the prescription by courier or you may bring the written paper prescription to the pharmacy.
What medications can be filled at Park Pharmacy?
- Specialty oncology and hematology medications, including many limited distribution medications that are only available at select pharmacies nationwide.
- Select medications prescribed by your Tennessee Oncology physician such as antibiotics, nausea medication, appetite stimulants, and pain medications.
- Pain medications classified as “controlled” must be picked up at the pharmacy. A valid ID must be presented when picking up a “controlled” medication. Anyone picking up a “controlled” medication on your behalf must also present a valid ID having the same home address as you, the patient.
What can I expect after Park receives my new prescription?
- A Park pharmacy staff member will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your prescription, and you may also contact the pharmacy at any time to obtain order status.
- Your insurance company may require a prior authorization to determine the medication prescribed is appropriate for you and your diagnosis. Prior authorizations will require 1-5 business days to process.
- Financial assistance may be available if your prescription co-pay is more than you can afford. Pharmacy staff will identify available resources, assist in completing and submitting your application, and provide an expected timeline of response.
- Medication delivery is a complimentary free service.
- Medications will be shipped to your home or designated address. Overnight priority is required for some medications.
- Prescriptions are shipped Monday through Friday. Patient service representative will discuss delivery options and schedule delivery convenient for you.
- Medication deliveries will be made up to 7 p.m.
- A signature may be required for delivery. A Park staff member will contact you to schedule delivery and ensure your availability to receive and sign.
- A Park Pharmacy staff member will contact you if notified of delays in delivery.
- Your prescription will be shipped along with a Park Pharmacy Welcome Kit and either a manufacturer starter kit (if available) and/or Park patient education material.
How do I refill my prescription?
- If you are taking an oncology or hematology-specific medication, a Park staff member will call a week before you run out of medication to schedule a refill.
- You may contact Park toll free (877) 986-2046 at any time to refill your medication. Please have your prescription number(s) available to place your order.
- An automated refill option is available toll free 24 hours a day/7 days a week at (877) 986-2046. If ordering an automated refill, please also leave a message with any specific delivery instructions or request Park Pharmacy staff contact you before medication is shipped.
- Remember to let Park know of any insurance changes, address changes, phone number changes, or special processing needs.
How much will my prescription cost?
- Out of pocket cost will be determined and provided. Monthly amounts may vary depending on your insurance plan. You may also be notified of the cash price of your medication, upon request by contacting the pharmacy.
- Prescription cost will vary depending on your insurance plan.
- A final determination of your co-pay cost cannot be made until your claim is processed. Your insurance provider may be able to provide the most current information by calling the Member Service phone number located on your prescription insurance card.
- If the co-pay or out-of-pocket cost for your prescription is higher than you can afford, Park Pharmacy will work to identify co-pay card assistance, patient assistance programs, or other support and/or charitable organizations to help.
- If at any time, Park is unable to process your order due to insurance mandates or drug availability, a Park staff member will notify you verbally and help facilitate the transfer to an in network pharmacy. A Park Pharmacist will transfer or forward a new prescription to your plan’s preferred in network pharmacy.
- Prescription cost may vary depending on the quantity or strength of medication. Your prescription will be filled for the amount of medication that the physician prescribes or your insurance allows.
- Prescription drug cost under Medicare Part D coverage will change significantly as the deductible, initial co-pay, and “donut hole” of total maximum out-of-pocket expense is reached. The Park Patient Advocates will assist you in determining and understanding your options.
How can I pay for my prescription order?
- Park Pharmacy accepts all major credit cards, check, cash, or money orders. If mailing payment, please do not mail cash.
- Call (877) 986-2046 option 3 to pay by credit card.
- FSA or HSA cards must be provided before medication is shipped.
How can I safely dispose of my medications?
- By Tennessee State Board of Pharmacy law, medications that have left the pharmacy premises cannot be returned.
- A credit cannot be issued for unused medication.
- To view a list drug disposal guidelines and locations, visit http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm101653.htm
- For a list of locations by county that will properly dispose of prescription medications, visit https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubdispsearch/spring/main?execution=e1s1
How will I be notified of a drug recall?
- In the event a notice is given from the manufacturer for a patient affected drug recall, a pharmacy staff member will contact you via phone call. A repeat phone call will be made again in 24 and 72 hours if any patient cannot be reached.
- Once notified, a Park staff member will arrange for return of affected medication if applicable.
What are the hours of operation for Park Pharmacy?
- Park Pharmacy is open Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST.
- We are closed Saturdays, Sundays, and all major holidays.
- A Pharmacist-on-Call is available for emergency assistance 24 hours a day/7 days a week at (877) 986-2046.
- Refill requests or messages for non-urgent matters may be made 24 hours a day/7days a week at (877) 986-2046.
How do I contact Park Pharmacy?
- Please call us toll free at (877) 986-2046 if you have any questions.
- Or, visit us on the web at http://www.tnoncology.com/park-pharmacy
- For Emergency/Disaster Plan Communication please call toll free number listed above or visit http://tnoncology.com/category/news/ for updated information or alternative pharmacy location. Park will help coordinate access to your medication in the event of an emergency/disaster.
- To give email address for communication regarding your prescriptions please visit the Tennessee Oncology Patient Portal at https://patient.noonaclinic.us/patient/#/login or call the pharmacy at (877)986-2046.
- If you suspect a non-life threatening adverse event, please contact us at the number above and/or your healthcare provider. You may also report an adverse event to http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm. For life threatening emergencies, dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- To assist with your healthcare needs, a list of community resources for various topics may be found at https://tnoncology.com/information/support-organizations/
What are the benefits and limitations of participating in the patient management program at Park?
- The benefit of our program is improved overall health. Disease and drug education adn awareness ensure your success. In partnership with your physician, our cliinical team will help you make informed decisions about what is best for you.
- The success of our program depends on you. You must be willing to follow the directions of your physician and pharmacist. You must be willing to take your drug as intended. You must be willing to disucss the details of your disease and medical history with your pharmacist.
How do I opt in or out of the patient management program?
- The services provided by park Pharmacy are included at no cost to you. As a patient of Park Pharmacy, you are automatically enrolled into our patient management program.
- You can opt-out at any time by calling our pharmacy and speaking with one of our pharmacy staff members.