Coronavirus Update – July 1st, 2020
Posted on July 1, 2020
July 1, 2020: COVID-19 Pandemic Precautions Remain in Place at Tennessee Oncology
For the protection of our patients and employees, face masks, screening, and visitor restrictions remain in place at all Tennessee Oncology clinic and imaging locations.
Face Masks are required to enter:
- A face mask that completely covers the entire nose and mouth must be worn by any patient or visitor entering a Tennessee Oncology location. Please bring one with you.
- Masks with exhalation valves are not permitted.
- For patients who must drink liquids during their visit, masks should not be removed within six feet of others. Please use drinking straws and limit snacks in order to keep facial masks on as long as possible.
- Due to the ongoing shortage of medical grade personal protective equipment, visitors who arrive without a face mask may be asked to return to their vehicle
- Patients may bring one adult visitor with them into the exam room during a provider visit
- Visitors are asked to not enter lab or treatment areas and should plan to return to their vehicles while patients receive treatments and or complete imaging scans.
- At some locations, patients may also be asked to wait in their vehicles until they can be seen.
- Call us before your appointment if you have, in the last 14 days, been tested for Coronavirus, been directly exposed to someone with a confirmed case, or to someone being tested for Coronavirus.
- Call us before your appointment, if in the last 14 day you have a new onset of fever(s), cough/shortness of breath, muscle pain, headache or loss of taste and smell,
- Telemedicine visits are available. We encourage you to ask about this as a visit option
Thank you for helping us keep our communities safe and taking steps to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus.